Resume, Eliot Markell LLC
ELIOT MARKELL LLC
1818 Newkirk Ave 3T Brooklyn NY 11226
Mobile: 917 674 4382
Home & fax: 718 421 1544
• Completed Pace University’s New York State Real Estate Salespersons Licensing Course.
• Eliot Markell graduated from the Kauffman Foundation’s FastTrac NewVenture, a premier entrepreneurial training program recognized nation-wide for building small business skill sets that provide a significant competitive advantage in the market place.
•Owner/operator of Via Transport, a small fine art shipping firm for over 25 years, providing personalized service for the New York metro area, and the mid-Atlantic region, including Atlanta GA & Florida.
• Extensive working relationships with and knowledge of NYC art galleries & consultants, collectors, and artists.
• Bring skilled and organized office management abilities, fluent with email & web based marketing applications. Currently maintain a permission based 1200 plus client email list, regularly broadcasted and updated.
• Informed and up-to-date with contemporary New York art market activities/events.• Well versed in second market, auction, museum, and art historical business categories.
Additional professional activities:
• Launched a new on-line craft/art marketing/retail business, Working For Peanuts Productions®: http://www.etsy.com/shop/workingforpeanuts
• Directed successful trademark application, and copywriting approvals.
• Attended New York licensing Expo seminars, and developed licensing agency network contacts.
• For over 35 years have pursued career as a fine arts painter in New York City. Maintained continuous working art studio spaces over that time, while creating and managing large oeuvre of over 1000 paintings and works on paper.
Summary of qualifications:
Savvy business acumen based on excellent communication and organizational skills, developed from many years of diligently working at entrepreneurial endeavors. Highly motivated, creative thinker, able put ideas into action. Enjoy interacting with business clients, adept socially in groups or with individual contacts.
References available on request